Wednesday 18 July 2012

Piloting with Confidence

Apparently searching for "how to pack a suitcase" online generates a guide to how to fly planes confidently. As the passenger, I rather hope my pilot has more than just a self-help guide to get us there. Apologies in advance to the person stuck next to me while I bite my nails in terror for the entire flight.


While I don't really want to admit to it, right now I'm actually a bag of nerves. I have no idea how I am going to survive 6 weeks in Africa with no "grown ups" to look after me. Let alone how I am going to plan for and teach hundreds of lessons. During my WinS (Warwick in Schools) Placement, I taught two lessons. Both of which went fairly badly, if I'm completely honest.


So, my coping mechanisms right now? Oh, you know, DENIAL.


In the mean time, things that I am about to try to fit into my suitcase:
  • Underwear
  • Tights
  • Socks
  • Teaching clothes
  • Jumpers
  • Slippers
  • PJs!
  • White t-shirts
  • Shower gel
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Face wash
  • Cotton pads
  • Contact lenses & solution
  • Teaching things
  • Free time clothes
  • Swim suit
  • Mini sewing kit
  • Laptop & charger
  • Phone
  • Camera
  • Shoes (trainers, teaching & boat shoes)
  • Flip flops
  • Bank card & internet banking thing & internet banking number
  • House keys
  • Important phone numbers
  • Torch
  • Batteries 
  • Shoe polish
  • Suncream
  • Insect spray
  • Adapter plug
  • Medicines etc
  • Passport
  • Wet wipes
  • Insurance documents
  • Important numbers document
  • Photocopies of documents for Natalie
  • Starter Problems
  • Post it notes
No pressure.


No comments:

Post a Comment