Sunday 29 July 2012

Sad

I feel really sad right now. I want to go home and it seems like a long way away.

I can't see myself really making a difference for these kids, all I seem to be doing is fighting a losing battle to get them to speak English. They're so far behind with work, and I can't work on catching them up because of the stupid schedule that I'm supposed to stick to. Tempted to ignore it, and, if we get government inspectors, point out that the kids are too far behind for it to matter. Probably end up getting sent home in disgrace.

It looks like we won't be meeting the Alex group for the rest of our excursions, so I probably won't see Thea again either.

I feel really lonely.

3 comments:

  1. Chin up Anna. You are too hard on yourself. The fact that you are there for those kids will mean so much even if they don't show it. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Heather, thanks so much for your message :) Hope you're well x

      Delete
    2. Am following your blog with great interest. Only worked out tonight how to post a comment. Take care and I know you will look back on this with pride and a sense of achievement. And remember to have fun. H

      Delete