Tuesday 7 August 2012

The Most Lovely Woman Ever

I am dedicating this post to the lady who cleans the building in the guest house that I am staying in. Very sadly, I don't actually know her name. Regardless, she is amazing. Not only does she put up with my constant mess and make my bed for me on a daily basis, as well as having given me double rations of milk for tea - no, she went way above and beyond the call of duty and, having noticed the pile of laundry I've been collecting at the bottom of my wardrobe, she waited until the boss wasn't looking and snuck it downstairs to wash it for me, since she knows that the prices the guesthouse charges are ridiculous and we have to take most of our laundry to a laundromat in town.

I am actually beyond touched by this, aside from the fact that I desperately needed to laundry, it was such an unexpected gesture of kindness and she is my absolutely favorite person ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment